Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sneak peek...

Tomorrow I will be finished (I think I can, I think I can) with my first ever Advent calendar quilt of sorts. Like many others, Advent Calendars have been a Christmastime tradition in our household for as long as I can remember. My Mom really stepped it up a notch when my sister and I went off to college. She sent us a piece of mail every single day, years in a row. Including the year that I was studying abroad in Sydney, Australia. Getting something from home every day while so far away is very special. Did I mention I pretty much have The Best Mom in the Universe? Well...I do. Many if not all of these cards and small gifts were handmade and always tres creative. Last year we had a newborn so that counted me out of most handmade gifting. 



Not this year! I'm back in the game. My sister sets the bar pretty high...this year she made us a very cool Advent Calendar (seen here) and I know she has some unbelievable goodies to go in it. Since it's not a competition, and I would never win if it was, I'm going to give making a quilt and filling it with handmade gifts a try. It's about time that I get myself in gear and make a little something for my big sis. 



First, here is my inspiration:


Abbey Goes Design Scouting
You can find her post here. Don't you just love the organization?

Here is a sneak peek of what I've been up to:


Any ideas of what to fill the pockets with??


And here is a shot of the little dude last Christmas, yes he was sound asleep in a sea of pointsettia. 
3 months old

1 comment:

  1. I peaked. I'm excited. I agree, your mom is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete