Kieran's hand ornament!
This was so much fun to make and super easy. Here is a quick tutorial with a bunch of pictures.
1. Trace your little ones hand on a piece of cardstock.
2. Tidy up your hand. Kids are squirmy, take a look at your little hand to see if it needs a bit of tidying up.
3. Cut out the hand following your revised lines.
5. Iron the interfacing to the wrong side of one piece of fabric. Be sure to iron both sides of the fabric to insure a strong bond. (Following product directions.)
6. Peel off paper backing.
7. Iron on the second piece of fabric.
8. Trace hand onto one side of bonded fabric.
9. Cut out just inside your lines. (Unless you used disappearing ink...)
10. Punch a hole in the palm of the hand. This will be what you thread your ribbon through.
11. Use a large punch to create a color coordinating paper disc.
12. Label disc with year and child's name.
13. LAST STEP! Thread a piece of ribbon through the hand and disc. I though it would be cute to add a jingle bell too.
I think this is a nice way to track an important little person's growth from year to year. It will definitely bring a smile to our faces in the future years when we dress our trees with this little whimsy hand. I hope it makes Auntie smile this year.
**Kieran received a handmade (of course!) cloth nativity scene in his Advent calendar (from Auntie Louisa) today.**